- Apple electrical engineer: "Approximately how many garbage men are there in California?"
- Facebook senior software engineer: "Given an array of integers, find the maximum number that can be reached by summing the best possible consecutive subsequence of the array."
- Yahoo senior product manager: "Estimate the volume of water on the Earth."
- Hewlett-Packard software engineer: "Describe an orange."
- Microsoft senior engineer: "Find the anagrams in a dictionary."- (c) 2010, San Jose Mercury News (San Jose, Calif.).
OK the only one I have a shot at is describing an orange. If job hunting isn't awful enough I cannot imagine being asked these questions... You can read the whole article here.