6 c peeled, diced potatoes 5 c water 2 c diced onions 1/2 c chopped carrots 1/4 c butter 4 cubes chicken bouillon 1/2 t salt 1/2 t pepper 12 oz can evaporated milk 8 oz cheddar or colby cheese, shredded. I use whatever cheese I have handy.
1. Combine all ingredients except milk and cheese in slow cooker.
2. Cover, cook on high 6-7 hours or until veggies are tender.
3. When everything was tender I used my immersion blender to make the soup creamy. If you like your soup chunkyÂ you can skip this step.
4. Stir in milk and cheese.
1. 3 crumbled slices of crisp bacon
2. I had some ham which I added.
3. Top individual servings with chopped chives.